Mussels & ‘Nduja
A hearty & warming dish celebrating the best in local mussels combined with the spicy flavour of 'Nduja, a spreadable Italian salami.
6 in stock
Box includes: 1kg cleaned Shetland mussels, ‘Nduja, white wine, passata alongside full cooking instructions
Collection is between 12pm and 4pm Wednesday – Saturday
Order by 2pm for same day collection (Wed – Sat)
Elevate your culinary experience with our Mussels with 'Nduja Cook at Home Box, exclusively available at our fish shop. This complete package features premium, succulent mussels complemented by the bold and spicy notes of 'Nduja, a traditional Italian spread. With easy-to-follow cooking instructions, replicate the Ballater Fish Shop experience in the comfort of your own kitchen. Treat yourself and your loved ones to a memorable seafood feast with this spicy dish.
1. In a large pan that has a tight-fitting lid add a splash of oil and slowly start cooking the 'nduja on a low heat, breaking up the 'nduja with a spoon
2. After a few minutes, red oil should start rendering out of the 'nduja, at this point turn the heat up to high
3. Add in the mussels and mix briefly to coat in the oil and meat. Now add the tomato sauce, then the white wine and immediately place the lid on
4. Cook with the lid on for 3-5 minutes, agitating the pan every so often to ensure even cooking. The mussels are ready when they are open. Note, if any mussels fail to open discard these ones
5. Give the mussels and sauce a good mix and split between two bowls
6. Enjoy with some crusty bread to soak up the sauce
Nutritional Information & Allergens
Ingredients: Shetland Mussels (91%) (MOLLUSC), White Wine (SULPHITES), Passata (Tomatoes, Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid), Pork 'Nduja (3%) (Pork, Salt, Dextrose, Curing Salt (E205, E252), Wine, Garlic, Herbs and Spices).
For allergens see ingredients in bold. Contains alcohol. Made in a kitchen that handles all known allergens.
Click & Collect
With our complimentary Click & Collect service, you can place your order until 2pm and collect it the same day from our Fish Shop, Wednesday - Saturday between 12pm - 4pm. Any order placed after 2pm will default to the next open day as the earliest pick up time. If you are unable to pick up on your specified day, please let us know by calling 01339 720250.
3 Netherley Place